Windows live mail is a desktop based email client which can be installed on Windows OS machine. The live mail stores entire data into the .eml file format. But nowadays most of the users are migrating to Outlook. So, in this situation user to need to transfer emails from windows live mail to Outlook. But the Microsoft Outlook stores entire data into the .pst file format. So, the user needs to Convert EML to PST format. Then import the resultant pst file into Microsoft Outlook.
The user can opt either manual method or trusted software to transfer emails from windows live mail to Outlook. So let’s explain both the methods in detail:
Manual Method to Transfer Emails from Windows Live Mail to Outlook
The manual solution requires special attention and technical knowledge. So, perform the steps listed below to export windows live mail data into Microsoft Outlook supported PST file format:
- First Open the Windows Live Mail Email Client
- Open Microsoft Outlook Email Client on the Same Machine
- Now go to Windows Live Mail screen and hit on File tab from the menu bar
- Simply select an Export option and expand, then click on Email Message Option
- Here select Microsoft Exchange Server and hit on Next Button
- Export Message dialogue box will appear, hit on OK button
- Now select the folders which you want to transfer from Windows Live Mail to Outlook and click on OK button.
- Now the Export Process will start, wait till it completes.
- As the export process complete a successful message will appear in a new pop up window.
- Finally hit on Finish Button to complete the windows live mail to Outlook export process.
Note: – After performing all the steps listed above check the Microsoft Outlook. All the export emails from windows live mail will be in Outlook mailbox. Here the user can also use import and export wizard to transfer emails from windows live mail to Outlook.
Limitations of Manual Solution to Import Emails from Windows Live Mail to Outlook
There are many limitations in manual solution to migrate emails, contacts, calendars from windows live mail to Microsoft Outlook PST, all are listed below:
- Unable to transfer large size eml and emlx files
- Can results in distorted SMTP headers
- Info-graphics and images in the email body can be lost
- It requires to perform lots of steps, which is hectic to perform
- Requires Both emails applications during the export process
Trusted Software to Export Emails from Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007
If you don’t want to perform hectic steps and looking for the easiest way to transfer emails from windows live mail to Outlook along with contacts, calendars, to-do list etc. Then try SysTools Windows Live Mail to PST Converter. Simply download the software and install on any version of Windows OS. After that browse .eml files using software panel. The software results in UNICODE PST, which can be imported into any version of Microsoft Outlook like 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and below.
Steps to Export Emails from Windows Live Mail to Microsoft Outlook
Perform the steps listed below to transfer emails, contacts, calendars from Windows live mail to Outlook using trusted and safe software:
- Download and Install Windows Live Mail Converter
- Browse eml file using software panel
- Select PST as the resultant file format (here software enables you to export wlm emails to pst, msg and eml format)
- Save the exported pst file and then import into Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and below.
After going through this post, a user can easily transfer emails from windows live mail to outlook. Opt the method which suits best for you. If are familiar with technical steps then go with the manual solution. Also, keep in mind the limitations of a manual method to export windows live mail to outlook. Otherwise, try the trusted and safe software stated above.